samedi 12 décembre 2015

Preparing For Primo and Terzo's Birthday Party

Today is the birthday party for my kid housemates. I'm writing from work, where I'm clad in this getup because I have a lingering cold and Texas, my morning client, is immunocompromised:

Me in a face mask and gloves.

Yesterday I discovered that we had a glut of kiwis so I made something bizarre for dinner. Kiwi pesto:

Plate with salad, a kiwi cut into the shape of a flower, and pasta with kiwi pesto. 

The kids all liked it. I think the adults were less sure. The flower on the side is a kiwi. Thank you youtube for the kiwi-flower-making instructions! I also made three cakes for the party:

Vanilla cake with kiwi frosting shaped like Hello Kitty.
Lemon cake with vanilla frosting shaped like
Mario from Super Mario Brothers.
Gluten-free vegan chocolate cakes with vanilla frosting
shaped like playstation controllers.
The Hello Kitty cake is for Terzo, the Mario cake is for Primo, and the Playstation cakes are for Secondo. The party is just for Primo and Terzo because Secondo didn't want a party, but we needed a gluten-free vegan cake anyway so I decided Secondo should have a cake too. Can you guess the party theme?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire