vendredi 14 décembre 2018

Day of Rest

This month has been bananas so far.

I left off on Tuesday of last week. On Wednesday I visited Love Bug and went to ASL class. In ASL class I learned about the Nelson Mandela Memorial debacle that happened back in 2013 that I had no awareness of at the time. President Obama was giving a speech when the ASL interpreter Thami Jantjie made a bunch of fake signs. Think: random gesticulations that meant exactly nothing in ASL. This would have been bad enough, but the problem wasn't addressed until the speech was over and Deaf folks thought that if Jantjie had been fake translating an oral language the problem would've been handled far more quickly. Yikes!

Meme of Thami Jantjie. The top shows him fake signing and it says "what we saw."
The bottom shows Mr. Bean making a ridiculous gesture and it says "What deaf people saw."

On Thursday I went to my church's Blue Christmas service. This was actually really helpful to me since I've been feeling kind of down about not having Mom around for Christmas (or her birthday which was December 2nd).

On Friday I had my pharmacology final. Yikes! I crammed like crazy and I think I passed but that final was hellish.

Princess Bride meme that says "The next time I see that pharmacology exam... I will say to it: Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my GPA... Prepare to die."

Saturday was Love Bug's birthday. Yay! He turned fourteen. I had to work which in this case was lucky since it meant I was there all day and I was able to set up the party. His grandma, mom, little sister, aunt, and cousins all came and he was SO EXCITED to see them. I was happy for the chance to meet the family members I didn't know.

Photograph of a light blue tinted cake with fourteen candles on it.

The rest of the week was just more finals. So many finals. But now they're done and I've passed my first semester of nursing school!

Meme of Frodo that says "It's over: The first semester of nursing school is done."

I celebrated the end of finals week by visiting Love Bug again and then driving to look at other people's over-the-top Christmas light displays. Here is a terrible picture of the most ridiculous light display I could find:

Blurry photograph of a light display with various animated Christmas things such as toy soldiers and Santa Claus.

The last thing that happened this week which bears mentioning is that Wolfie got my Christmas present - a crèche. Here she is playing with it:

Wolfie moving the figurines around.

Today's big task was decorating my Christmas tree. Huzzah!

Esh decided to help me.

Mayim was unsure about this whole Christmas tree thing so she hid in the kitchen shelving.

The tree.

Closeup of the tree topper.

That's it. I will leave you with this photo of my cats:

Esh (left) and Mayim (right).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire